Monday, November 16, 2009

Home With Baby!

Today my husband brought our newborn baby and I back from the hospital. After four days, of having my blood pressure, temperture, and vital signs checked every couple hours, it is good to be home. Baby is sleeping on our king size bed, where she is safe, and can not role away. No one is telling me to not sleep next to her, and I can nurse her and leave her there, and not have to have her wake up because I had to move her to a crib.

Today when the children came home from school, I saw their faces light up with pure smiles when they met their new sister for the first time. They were very excited to hold her, and could barely wait to see her as soon as they came in the door. The paused long enought to take off their shoes and coats and wash their hands, before dashing upstairs to see her. Eventually they noticed me also and said hi.

As I lay in bed taking a nap with the baby this afternoon, I listened to the sounds of my family downstairs. I heard the older boys doing homework with Grandpa, while the younger asked Grandma to change her diaper, and Dad clanked around in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Anna clomped around the house in my shoes, about 10 sizes to big for her, while proclaiming, "oos! Oos!"

This is my quiet life for a week, while I am being taken care of by my family, before Grandma and Grandpa go home, and Dad goes back to work. Now I just worry about feeding that new baby, upstairs, in bed, while life goes on without me downstairs, as I listen in the distance.

1 comment:

Chrissy1018 said...

So you just get one week of spoiling? I think you should get more than that! It cracked me up that Mom was the afterthought in the kids eyes wit hthe new baby to meet. I bet Anna will be glad to have a sister with all those boys around!