Friday, October 23, 2009

Time and Energy

I have free time, but not energy. Wish I had some energy to do stuff, now that everything I have to do is done, but I am nothing but tired. I’m nine months pregnant, and just a mother-ship for this little baby that is taking all my energy, and space. I lie on my side to sleep, because there is no other way to lie. I do the basic things in the house during the day, but no extras. Walking up the stairs can wear me out. I compile trips up and down stairs to when I have to go for more than one reason. Lucky I have a chore happy 6 year old who likes to take out the trash.

I love and adore my 21 month little girl. No matter how worn down I get by my three boys, she always makes me happy and fills my heart with love. She is so sweet, and wonderful, and perfect for me. I love her presence in my life.

Tonight my 6 year old made a beautiful painting. It has a lot of blue, which is my favorite color, and I love to look at blue paintings. I am glad he is an artist. I am glad he is so sweet. I am listening to the happy sound of him and his older brother building and playing Legos together. They are talking about what they are building and having a great time. It’s Friday night, and I love Fridays, because there are no homework battles, and no schedules to follow. The only problem is I am so tired. I want to be creative, paint or work on my scrapbook, but I don’t have the energy. It’s going to building arms and legs, fingers and toes, lungs and brain. Energy going to her, so she can be creative one day, and swim, and play, and paint, and love. I can feel good about that. Energy well spent.

1 comment:

Chrissy1018 said...

Sounds to me like you're doing a brilliant job of being "creative" creating a whole new life!