Monday, June 29, 2009

Klondike to the Rescue

Tonight as I was getting dinner ready, I put the salad and the dressing out on the table. I put the salad in everyone’s bowls.

I walked into the dining room, to find my 3 year old had left the living room and sat down at the table. He poured two bottles of salad dressing into his bowl. One I had just made. I was a little angry.

At dinner, we had rice and steak. He decided he wanted to hide his steak in his rice. He continually got frustrated when the steak would peak out from the rice he was eating. I was silently plotting what I could do with him. He was whining and getting more frustrated. Several times I mentioned I would put him to bed if he didn’t stop. After a trip to the corner, he did stop, and proceeded to eat. Needless to say he is still alive; I didn’t kill him. I have de-stressed by taking a few bites of a Klondike bar. We don’t normally have Klondike bars, but the other day at the baseball field, I gave my son a dollar to buy a hot dog, and he bought a Klondike bar. He knows he can’t eat them; he’s lactose intolerant. I held onto it and brought it home; I knew it would come in handy for an emergency.

Speaking of unauthorized ice cream purchases, today my two sons bought Popsicles from the ice cream truck without asking me. Now, they have been waiting for the ice cream truck to come at the right time for days. So I couldn’t really be mad. It was kind of cute actually. They got their own money to buy them. Patrick spent four of his five dollars from his wallet. I am glad that he shared with his brother.

Now they are playing legos. And I have started to clear the table. But, since we had rice, I have a lot of rice to clean off the floor. Better get to it.

No comments: